Sighting integrity issues, the NSW Government has introduced retesting requirements for businesses to continue to avail JobSaver and Micro-business Grant payments.
At a Glance
- Yes, all applicants of Jobsaver and Micro-business Grant will need to retest, if they wish to continue to get paid post these dates;
- Yes, all Jobsaver and Micro-business Grant payments will be made by Service NSW for the month of September even if the businesses do not complete the retesting requirement for this month. However, payments beyond September will stop till the testing requirements are completed for the fortnights stated at 1 above, and beyond.
- Yes, the retesting will be lodged on Service NSW website (the same place you had lodged your application), and it is as easy as ticking a few boxes. However businesses will need to ensure they have the required workings on file confirming their continuity of eligibility before they do this retesting.
- No, there is no cut-off date to complete this retesting lodgement. Businesses can choose to do a number of fortnight retesting together, or may choose to not complete the retesting for a few fortnights before they go back and complete them. You will be paid within 5 days from completing your retesting lodgement. This could help businesses in minimising costs and streamlining processes.
- Yes, if your business is not trading at all, you do not need to do any calculations. You only need to complete the lodgement on Service NSW website. However if you are trading, even if it is limited, you will need to do the calculations before you complete retesting lodgement.
- Yes, you may fail to meet the required drop in turnover in one fortnight and pass in the next. In essence businesses will drop in and drop out of the program depending on each fortnight's eligibility.
- Yes, businesses have multiple options to choose from, in re-testing their turnover drop (as explained in details below). However, once an option is chosen, you will need to continue to use this option for remaining fortnights. You cannot choose a different option each fortnight.
- Yes, all businesses will need to continue to maintain their employee headcount to be eligible for ongoing payments.
- Yes, the decline in turnover must be due to effect of lockdown.
- No, you do not need your accountant to prepare a letter of confirmation. You may seek help from your accountant to ensure your calculations are accurate and you are compliant, before you complete your retesting.
Further details and helpful examples can be sourced from The Tax Institute's publication here.
Please contact us should require any assistance. ease